Halloween is creeping up on us and many kids have already picked out their costumes, but how safe are they?
Whether your costume is homemade or store bought, there are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Look for flame resistant materials: Synthetic fibers like Polyester or Nylon.
- Glitter can also be more flammable.
- Be mindful that the costume fits properly. Any long fabric is more likely to graze over a lit jack-o-lantern.
- Many kids love to be superheroes and princesses but we must be careful of long caps, dress trains, and dangling sleeves.
- If the children are wearing a mask, make sure there is proper ventilation and the eye holes are big enough for them to see out.
- Try to work reflector strips into your child’s costume, or give them a flash light or glow sticks.
- Swords, knives, and similar costume accessories should be short, soft and flexible.
We hope you have a FUN and SAFE Halloween!!!
And remember, SERVPRO of North Huntington is always here for you!